Thursday 16 June 2016

EU referendum discussion at Northlands Primary School

I recently visited Northlands Primary School in Basildon where I was invited to listen to pupils' views on the EU referendum and take part in their big discussion.

The pupils prepared a range of written work containing their views which they presented to me and I helped answer any questions they had.

It was a fantastic visit and I enjoyed the chance to discuss such a topical issue with the pupils. They asked very thoughtful questions on what the European Union means in relation to our country and I was impressed by the level of understanding they showed.

The result of the EU referendum will affect everyone across the country, both young and old. It is a truly once in a generation choice whether to remain in the EU or to leave and it is crucial that everyone examines the issues on both sides of the debate and ultimately votes in this vital referendum.