Monday 11 May 2015

Stephen Metcalfe returns to Parliament for his first day back

Newly returned to his seat in the House of Commons, Stephen Metcalfe arrived today in Westminster for his first day back following his re-election last week as Member of Parliament for South Basildon and East Thurrock.

Speaking on the day, Stephen said: “I would like to thank the people of South Basildon and East Thurrock for putting their trust in me once again and for returning me as their representative here in Parliament.”

“The last 5 years have truly been a privilege and I cannot wait to get started on all of the plans I have. I am going to be working just as hard throughout this Parliament, and I encourage all of my constituents to always get in contact if there are any issues they wish to discuss or I can be of any assistance with.”

“This year marks the 800th anniversary of the Magna Carta and I want the people of Basildon and Thurrock to be able to play as active a role as possible on this important commemoration. I would therefore also encourage any interested constituents to get in touch to perhaps come and attend Parliament and have a tour during this important year.”