Wednesday 16 April 2014

Stephen Metcalfe MP welcomes yet more investment in Thurrock

Following news that the Solena Fuels in partnership with British Airways has committed to building the world’s first facility to convert landfill waste into jet fuel in Thurrock.

Stephen Metcalfe, local MP for the area said: "I am delighted that this groundbreaking initiative is coming to Thurrock. It is fantastic news for the local economy, creating jobs and ensuring that this site is put to good use. Basildon and Thurrock are proving once again that they are the places to invest and I look forward to seeing my constituents reap the rewards of this excellent project." 

"Needless to say this is also fantastic news for the national economy, for the environment, and for the aviation industry. I am grateful to British Airways and Solena Fuels for their commitment to this initiative and I hope to be able to visit the plant when it is up and running."