Monday 5 November 2012

Minister renews commitment to move Felmores Approved Premises if alternative location is found

Stephen with local residents campaigning for the relocation 
of Felmores Approved Premises
Stephen Metcalfe, local MP for South Basildon and East Thurrock, can today confirm that the Ministry of Justice have renewed their commitment to move the Felmores Approved Premises if an alternative location can be found.

The current Premises, which houses former sex offenders, is a great source of concern for local residents who have long been campaigning for its relocation.

Mr Metcalfe commented: “I encourage Basildon District Council and the Essex Probation Service to double their efforts to find an alternative location either in Basildon or in another District and welcome the efforts they have made so far.”

“I am delighted that the new Justice Secretary has renewed his predecessor’s commitment to move Bail House should an alternative location be found. The current location is entirely unsuitable and I will do all I can to support Basildon Council in finding an alternate site.”

“I would like to reassure my constituents that I am not deaf to their concerns and that I will continue to work toward a result that will benefit the local residents and restore a feeling of safety in the community.”